Sales page?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Erkjerk

Sales page?

Post by Erkjerk »

Hi,

I have a page set up for our sales department. The formula I have in place is =E1/DAY(TODAY())*30 for April.

Of course we were closed for the 1st (due to the holiday) so now my page is off because it is thinking we have worked everyday but really we were off for the 1st. Any idea how I correct it so it subtracts the 1st so the page is correct? I was also thinking how I would fix it if it is December as well and we miss christmas eve and day. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks for the help!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed typo in Subject and text [RoryOF, Moderator]
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: sales page?

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Erkjerk

Re: Sales page?

Post by Erkjerk »

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I'm still confused.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Sales page?

Post by RusselB »

The NETWORKDAYS function returns the number of workdays (with the work week being classified as Mon-Fri).
The third parameter allows you to specify a range where you have the dates of holidays (New Years, Christmas, Boxing Day, etc.) in a list.
A general formula for any month starting from the 1st of the month would be

Code: Select all

=networkdays(date(year(today());month(today());1);today())
If you wanted to include a range for the holidays, you should make the list of holiday dates first, then modify the above formula so that it has the 3rd parameter, which would be the range of that list.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.