[Solved] Missing icon in Toolbar

Discuss the spreadsheet application
JimmieLee

[Solved] Missing icon in Toolbar

Post by JimmieLee »

I just downloaded a new copy of OpenOffice to a new hard drive. Luckily, I had made a list of icons on my "Toolbar" from my old OpenOffice. I use a limited number of icons, 18. The problem is I only had 17 on my list.

When I have something typed into a cell and I want to add something to it, I can no longer do it. The icon on the "Toolbar" that allows me to do that is now missing and I can't add anything directly to the actual cell.

I searched all through the "Customize Toolbars" Menus and I cannot find what I need anywhere.

Can anybody please help me out?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Missing icon in Toolbar.

Post by robleyd »

I'm not sure what icon would allow you to add to existing cell contents; you can normally do this by
  • click on the cell and press F2; or
    double click on the cell; or
    use the input line in the formula bar
Perhaps, if you still have access to your old drive, you could copy across the relevant part (or all) of the user profile on that drive - see [Tutorial]The OpenOffice User Profile for more information on the profile.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
JimmieLee

Post by JimmieLee »

Thanks David.
click on the cell and press F2; or
This brought up a "slide" which brightens or dims the screen.
double click on the cell; or
This works well.
use the input line in the formula bar
This sounds like what I am looking for. Under "Customize" > "Toolbars", which Toolbar has "input line" listed?

I appreciate your help.

Jimmie Lee
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 10
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

If the input line isn't showing, you may have the Formula Bar hidden; go to View and make sure Formula Bar is checked. When it is visible, it looks like the attached image. The entire line pointed to by the arrow is affected by View | Formula Bar on my system.
input_line.png
F2 may be assigned to an OS level function, especially on a laptop. It might be possible to re-assign it via Customise | Keyboard.
 Edit: You can also configure Calc to use the Enter key to switch to edit mode in a cell. Go to Tools | Options | OpenOffice Calc | General and look under Input settings 
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
JimmieLee

Post by JimmieLee »

Thanks David.

After checking out the several options, I think I'll use the "double click" method. It seems easiest and fastest.

You REALLY helped me out. Thanks again. :bravo:

Jimmie Lee
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 10