Automatically pulling data from one sheet from another sheet

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Arckoo

Automatically pulling data from one sheet from another sheet

Post by Arckoo »

Hello,

For a small company I've made a spreadsheet with their inventory. I'm using multiple sheets: per sheet the inventory ordered from a specific supplier. The inventory is corrected manually after a sale.

What I would like (but not know how to do), is for items that are almost sold out, to automatically appear on a different sheet (called "Time to order"). The idea is to have all the data from the row from the sold out item to appear in a row of the other sheet.

Is this possible and if so: how??

Regards, Arckoo
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows10
RusselB

Re: Automatically pulling data from one sheet from another s

Post by RusselB »

While this may be possible, it is not going to be simple, and I feel far more work than what it's worth.
Personally I think you'd be better off taking the time to make the spreadsheet into a database.
While having multiple sheets as you have described is easier for a person to understand, it'd be easier to do what you're asking (and/or what I'm suggesting) if the data was all on one sheet, even if it means an extra column to identify the supplier.

An alternative that you might consider, permanently or while you're in the process of converting to a database, is to use a Pivot Table (aka DataPilot)
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.