Spread sheets not printing

Discuss the spreadsheet application
GHM

Spread sheets not printing

Post by GHM »

I AM TRYING TO MAKE SPREAD SHEETS AND AM NOT GETTING PAGES SHOW UP IN PRINT REVIEW OR PAGES TO PRINT IN OFFICE 4.1.2. I AM ON A MAC OS X EL CAPITAN VERSION 10.11.6
I selected the standard file new spread sheet. At that point I went to format cells and highlighted the cells and row areas I wanted. I selected the 4th border from the left to get borders on all sides. Then I selected the line style 1.00 and then ok. At this point I went to the page break review and highlighted the area I wanted to print. Next I went back to format and selected print range define. Then I would go to file print review and it would give me a grey blank page. Then I would close the print review and go to file print and get a window with the size of the sheet and no pages to print.

When that did not work I started all over again with a new spreadsheet and made one selection change. I slected format print range add in place of print ramge define and I still did not get any pages to print. It seems to me that I did the same things to make another spreadsheet that worked so I am really confused after 6 hours of reading and trying different things. I seem to get the black grid lines with the grey page numbers on white background page and blue borders with grey beyond the defined print area. Everything seems okay until I go to the print review window and get a blank grey window, or to print and get the page diagram and size with no pages to print. I really would appreciate hlep with this. Thank you
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.2 AND MAC OS X EL CAPITAN VERSION 10.11.6
mgroenescheij
Volunteer

Re: Spread sheets not printing

Post by mgroenescheij »

Use File -> Page Preview to see what will be printed.
If this is not what you like then for each sheet you have to define print ranges go to Format -> Print Ranges ... Define
AOO 4.1.5 on MS Windows 10 Professional & MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5
Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
awhcofjax

Re: Spread sheets not printing

Post by awhcofjax »

Same issue with spreadsheets that appears grey on print view. Have had this happen on both Excel and Open Office. Another poster has suggested selecting print range from 1 to whatever page you would like to print, but the print view doesn't recognize the pages, therefore will not give you the option.

Occasionally, I can save the spreadsheet as an Excel spreadsheet and that will fix it, but then I have two copies, and then I have other issues.
and it throws c
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.2 WINDOWS 10.0