Page Break

Discuss the spreadsheet application
rgrunion

Page Break

Post by rgrunion »

Trying to get Page Break to work. I manually place the page break in the desired row, but when printing the break does not occur. What am I doing wrong?
open office 4.5.1.1
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Page Break

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload your real ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
rgrunion

Post by rgrunion »

Unfortunately, the file in question has personal stuff on it. So I tried with a trial file and the page break seemed to work OK. Do you have any hints that might help me? Maybe some setting is wrong. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks
open office 4.5.1.1
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Unfortunately, the file in question has personal stuff on it.
Change all of the characters to "x". Or create an another file with same settings and dummy data.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
morchat

Post by morchat »

Your problem corresponds to the events I have observed
If I have a manual page break inserted and set formatting page on the Sheet tab "Scaling mode" other than "Reduce / enlarge ..." the manual page break is ignored.
After restoring the "Reduce / enlarge..." option, manual page breaks are still ignored. It restores them by adding a new page break or deleting an existing one. In fact, eg delete and re-insert.
AOO 4.1.7, LibreOffice 6.2.8
Windows 10 64 bits
rgrunion

Post by rgrunion »

I have deleted and then inserted the page break a number of times and still doesn't work. Changing scaling doesn't help. Can you be more specific how you solved your problem? Thanks
open office 4.5.1.1
morchat

Post by morchat »

That was the solution to my problem. Set the scaling mode to: "Reduce/enlarging .." and delete and then add a page break.
You write that on the test documents the page break is ok. The problem must be in this particular document. It is worth following the advice of Zizi64 and preparing a document that can be analyzed.
Windows 10 64 bits
rgrunion

Post by rgrunion »

Zizi64 wrote:
Unfortunately, the file in question has personal stuff on it.
Change all of the characters to "x". Or create an another file with same settings and dummy data.
I took the file in question, changed all the data to x's and it works fine. I fact all the page breaks work except the first one. Any suggestions as to why only the first one doesn't wok? Thanks.
open office 4.5.1.1
morchat

Post by morchat »

You did not load this file for analysis. How can we check where the cause may be?
Windows 10 64 bits
rgrunion

Post by rgrunion »

As I mentioned, I copied the file in question to a dummy file, changed all data to X's and the breaks seemed to work OK. So I'm not sure how I can present to you a sample that has the same problem. I guess I'll have to work around the problem. Thanks
open office 4.5.1.1
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

rgrunion wrote:I copied the file in question to a dummy file ...
Copying a file to a new, empty file is a well known technique for fixing minor corruption in a file.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

rgrunion wrote:I copied the file in question to a dummy file ...
Copying a file to a new, empty file is a well known technique for fixing minor corruption in a file.

If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.