Preview individual sheets in OO Calc?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
domrayner

Preview individual sheets in OO Calc?

Post by domrayner »

I have several spreadsheet files which have multiple sheets (tabs). Each sheet has its own unique page formatting. I can PRINT each individual sheet without any problem, but if I'm focused on editing one particular sheet and want to PREVIEW it, I get to preview every sheet in the file!

There must surely be some "preference" setting of which I'm not aware that would enable previews of individual sheets?
Stats:
- Open Office 4.1.2
- Windows 10
- Files saved to "XLS" format

All help greatly appreciated,

DR
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10 (x64)
F3K Total
Volunteer

Re: Preview individual sheets in OO Calc?

Post by F3K Total »

Hello,
i do not understand the problem. If i edit one sheet, it's tab at the bottom is in front as selected, then select Menue File/Page Preview, i see the preview of that current active Sheet first. Means, starting the preview from sheet3 gives another result as starting the Preview from sheet1.
Then, i can scroll through all pages, but the first shown is the one of the current active sheet.
Using AOO 4.1.5
Last edited by F3K Total on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

- Files saved to "XLS" format
Never use the foreign, never standardized fileformats. Use the native, international Standard ODF fileformats for your important documents. Export a COPY of your document into foreign formats - if it is necessary.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
domrayner

Post by domrayner »

@F3K, thank you for your comments.

Let me explain my problem by this example:

I have multiple "sheets" or tabs in a single file. I want to preview the 3-page "sheet" I'm working on to see not only the print result but the formatting, including page numbers, orientation etc. and, if all is well, print from there (as I would in Excel). Problem is, the PREVIEW function shows me every single sheet, and every page, whether formatted or not, and the pages, instead of being numbered 1 though 3 are numbered from 1 through 87 (for example). The "wrong" page numbers also appear on the print-out if I select & print the 3 pages from the PREVIEW function: "Page 51 of 87", "Page 52 of 87", "Page 53 of 87" (for example).

There is a workaround. I exit the PREVIEW function and go to PRINT. Everything seems to come out just fine. But who wants workarounds on such an otherwise sophisticated program?

DR
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

Have you defined your print area?
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
domrayner

Post by domrayner »

@jrk

Yes indeed; along with headers, footers, margins, etc . . . .
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Works for me (with Open Document spreadsheets of course).
With menu:View>Print Preview all areas that do not belong to a print range appear with grey background.
In the preview on the print dialog I see the pages of the setup print ranges when I switch from "print active sheet" to "all sheets".
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice