Can't open spreadsheet

Discuss the spreadsheet application
felicianicole

Can't open spreadsheet

Post by felicianicole »

Hi,

When I try to open a spreadsheet file, a box comes up. At the top of the box, it says ""Text Import" - File%20Name%20Is%20Here.ods" (where instead of "File name here", it says the actual file name).

And in the box there is an "Import" section, which "Character set", "Language", and "From row" below it.
There is also a "Separator options" section, and an "Other options" section. Under the "Fields" section, there is nothing in the box.

I've tried fiddling around with the different options. After clicking ok, another box comes up that says "Document file <file name> is locked for editing. Open document read-only or open a copy of the document for editing". I've tried both options (Open Read-Only and Open Copy) and both do not open my document, but rather a blank spreadsheet.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Can't open spreadsheet

Post by robleyd »

Your description suggests a file that has been corrupted; see the advice I gave in this thread earlier today. I suggest you start the process of looking for deleted files as soon as possible as it is likely your file is beyond recovery; you may wish to post it here for someone to confirm it is, or isn't, recoverable.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers