[Solved] [Copy/Paste] Delay Error!

Discuss the spreadsheet application
rajatkumar529

[Solved] [Copy/Paste] Delay Error!

Post by rajatkumar529 »

hey guys i m very new to this forum sry if i have done mistakes but actually i facing a very weird problem on my office laptop when i try to paste anything i have copied from cals it took a whole 15 to 20 sec to paste the content i have changed the keyboard google for the fix tried everything but still the problem is arising its very very frustrating anyone help me out i just don't want to format my laptop
Last edited by rajatkumar529 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Latest openoffice version 4.1.5 running on windows 7
RusselB

Re: [COPY/PASTE] Delay Error!

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums

I agree that 15-20 seconds is a long time for a copy/paste operation, thus my first wonder is do you have a clipboard monitoring program?
These types of programs, which can do things like allowing you to have multiple copies stored for pasting later on, have been known to cause difficulties with Open Office.

If you have one, then try disabling it and see how the copy/paste works.
If you don't, or if you don't see a significant timing difference on the test after disabling the clipboard monitor, is to try rebooting your system into safe mode, and then try your copy/paste again.
Note: In either of these options, you may (or will in the second case) have to open Open Office Calc and your spreadsheet again before trying the copy/paste operation.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
rajatkumar529

Re: [Copy/Paste] Delay Error!

Post by rajatkumar529 »

i m not using any clip board monitor app and i have tried everything still the problem is same it takes around 10 to 15 sec to paste anything anywhere other than open office apps and tools please someone help me how can i fix this issue without formatting my system.
JohnSUN-Pensioner
Volunteer

Post by JohnSUN-Pensioner »

You know, my friend, there is one old way - it is on the verge of shamanism. If you want, you can try. Save all opened documents. Do not close the office. Open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc). In the Processes tab find soffice.bin and shutdown it. Do not reboot the system, no need. Just run Calc again. Try Copy-Paste, how it works now?
I may not have a lot to give but what I got I'll give to you...
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5, LibreOffice 6.4.4.2 (x64) on Windows 7
If you think that I did not answer your question, make allowances for my imperfect English
rajatkumar529

Post by rajatkumar529 »

wow finally found a temporary fix although i have to repeat the process every time i restart my system but its manageable thnxx alot @johnson-pensioner :)
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] [Copy/Paste] Delay Error!

Post by Hagar Delest »

If the quickstarter is activated, you can try to switch it off, it may help release the processes. Right click the AOO icon in the system tray if it appears there.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10