Can't get entries to stay in position

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Nei1952

Can't get entries to stay in position

Post by Nei1952 »

I start by making sure things are entered correctly as far as their to the left of the cell or center. Yet when I preview the sheet there are quite a few which aren't lined up like they're supposed to. Such as, ones that should be lined up on the left side are now in the center. Anybody have a resolution?
Renee Nash Open Office 4.1.4 Using Windows 10 Proi
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Can't get entries to stay in position

Post by Bill »

What kind of things? What types of cells? How did you do the alignment? A sample document would help us understand what you are doing.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Also, in which format are you saving? .ods is best for spreadsheets using OpenOffice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Nei1952

Post by Nei1952 »

I'm sorry, I'm kind of new at this. I've created a spreadsheet with all my bills to be paid, including previous balances, payments made, interest charged, break down of charges, etc. I'm entering this information into the blocks of the spreadsheet using an ods. format. My problem occurs when I bring up the preview for printing, the amounts due, account mailing addresses, account names, balances, and so on, the majority of which are scrambled.
Thank you,
R Nash
Renee Nash Open Office 4.1.4 Using Windows 10 Proi
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Can you provide a sample spreadsheet which shows the problems you are having and upload it here?

[Forum] How to attach a document here Note maximum file size is 128K. If your file is larger, use a file sharing site such as Mediafire. The link also contains information on how to anonymise your document if it contains confidential information.

If you are new to spreadsheets, you may find [Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know and OpenOffice Spreadsheet Tutorial for Beginners with Examples useful resources.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers