[Solved] OpenOffice Calc Formulas Algorithms

Discuss the spreadsheet application
eduardosilveira

[Solved] OpenOffice Calc Formulas Algorithms

Post by eduardosilveira »

Hi, OpenOffice Calc has several financial formulas such as IRR, PV and NPV. Well, I'd like to know how OpenOffice implements these formulas according their algorithms.
Also, I cloned OpenOffice source code in my local repository. I create this topic because, I coundn't find developer's forum. If somebody could me send a link for Developer Forum.

Best Regards,
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: OpenOffice Calc Formulas Algorithms

Post by FJCC »

There is a developer's mailing list. Information about it, including how to subscribe, can be found here.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
acknak

Post by acknak »

The online help includes the formula implemented, shown in mathematical notation. That doesn't tell you how the code works, but it does allow you to compare OO's definition with other published works.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
eduardosilveira wrote:OpenOffice Calc has several financial formulas such as IRR, PV and NPV. Well, I'd like to know how OpenOffice implements these formulas according their algorithms.
Calc: Derivation of Financial Formulas
acknak wrote:The online help …
Here's the link: Calc: Financial functions

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).