Formatting issue with various cells

Discuss the spreadsheet application
MSant

Formatting issue with various cells

Post by MSant »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with open office in which a cell containing text when copied from open office to excel splits itself from 1 row to multiple rows.

Here's an image of what I'm working with, now the text isn't wrapped, its clipping out of the right of the box for one but it's also not a single line as above & below. So when copying that cell into excel, it becomes 31 rows.

I have discovered that if I right click in the formula bar for the cell in question, and then press enter, it becomes a single line/block of text (although editing it in any other way, such as double click, or F2 gets no change).

I'm wondering if there is anyone who can shed a bit more light on this, and perhaps a quick fix, as this is quite a large file I need to work through and copy into excel for its final purpose.
Open Office 4 on Windows 10
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: Formatting issue with various cells

Post by Lupp »

However, I'm afraid as long as you don't attach an .ods-file showing the issue for you, nobody here can find out anything about the reasons.
What I can think of is just guessing or stabbing in the dark.

And, after all, it was Excel (MS!) which pasted something (By what Paste command exactly?) from the clipboard (MS! Windows!) into Excel-cells. Excel surely will not accept content from the clipboard in the same way as AOO would do. The clipoard is a complex tool.
(By the way: The SI prefix for 10^3 (kilo) is k, not K.)
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München