Calc 4.1.5 - Find and Reolace Not Working

Discuss the spreadsheet application
bsfinkel

Calc 4.1.5 - Find and Reolace Not Working

Post by bsfinkel »

I recently upgraded to OO 4.1.5 on my Windows 7 Professional 32-bit system. In Calc, the cntl-F "Find & Replace" is not working. It does not find the string in the spreadsheet. Placing a search string in the "Find" box also does not work. I normally use cntl-F instead of the "Find" box; I have no idea what the difference is. But neither works in Calc 4.1.5. Thanks.

--Barry Finkel
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows 7 32-bit
acknak

Re: Calc 4.1.5 - Find and Reolace Not Working

Post by acknak »

Seems to work fine here.

It might help if you can tell us what text is entered in the "Search for" box.

Unless you need to search for patterns (a wildcard like *, for example), you probably want to make sure Edit > Find & Replace > More Options > Regular expressions is OFF. In fact, I would start out by making sure ALL the options there are OFF.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
bsfinkel

Post by bsfinkel »

I am not using wildcard characters. I search for

and nothing is found. The spreadsheet has LOTS of occurrences of that word. I do not know if there are any options that control "Find and replace", so I do not know if the upgrade from 4.1.4 to 4.1.5 changed any of the settings I had (either by default or by my manual change). The "Match case" is unchecked,and "Entire cells" is checked, I just unchecked "Entire cell", and the search worked.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows 7 32-bit
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Searching for "member" with Entire cell unchecked will find any sell which contains "member" in any form (e.g, "member", "members, "member of"). With Entire cell checked "member" must be the only content of the cell.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Alex1
Volunteer

Post by Alex1 »

If "member" is the result of a formula, you should search in values instead of formulas under More Options.
AOO 4.1.15 & LO 24.2.2 on Windows 10