[Solved] Can't change chart name

Discuss the spreadsheet application
skrat

[Solved] Can't change chart name

Post by skrat »

I right-clicked on chart -> Name and set it to "Module1".

Despite that, macro still says the Chart.Name is "Object 1" as set by default value. How do I change the name than?
Attachments
GetName.ods
(19.98 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Last edited by skrat on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.4. Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Can't change chart name

Post by Zizi64 »

I assume that: it is a "bug" in the Chart module. The names entered manually into the input box appeared at the "right click on the Chart - Name" is not equals with the generated name (inner name) of the object. (Object 1, Object 2). The entered name can not modify the "Inner name".
And the

Code: Select all

Chart.setName("Othername") 
method can not work for me.

Workaround: use/refer the automatically generated (original) names in your macros.

And my suggestion (again): Use an object inspection tool (XRayTool or MRI) to check the properties and methods of the objects.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
skrat

Post by skrat »

Zizi64 wrote:
And my suggestion (again): Use an object inspection tool (XRayTool or MRI) to check the properties and methods of the objects.
Any reference to that?
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: [Solved]Can't change chart name

Post by Zizi64 »

I did some experiments based on Lupp's last post (written for your another topic):
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=91518#p433753
GetName_Zizi.ods
(22.49 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
skrat

Post by skrat »

I hope it's I OK if I continue with my question here, instead of opening new topic.

So, I installed MRI, now let's say I would like to find out how to (or if it is even possible) to change the Line thickness on a chart. How would I find that out? I can't find a single thing related to charts within Methods ot Properties.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

So, I installed MRI, now let's say I would like to find out how to (or if it is even possible) to change the Line thickness on a chart. How would I find that out? I can't find a single thing related to charts within Methods ot Properties.
I am using XrayTool, I do not know anything about the usage of ther MRI.

The Objects (the properties of the objects) are structured hierarhically. You must examine the "properties of the properties" too.