Scrolling issue in Calc and Writer

Discuss the spreadsheet application
prabharathi

Scrolling issue in Calc and Writer

Post by prabharathi »

Of late whenever I open a saved sheet and want to scroll up or down only one column scrolls and throws others out of alignment . But when I close the sheet and open it again everything is displayed correctly. Or if I add one entry and save the display becomes proper. It is not limited to calc alone. It happens in writer also where the page does not move down and only few rows seem to be scrolling. I have never faced this issue previously. Very few times the scrolling response is normal too. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling open office. Kindly help. Thank you
Ravi
Open Office 4.1.4 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: scrolling issue in calc and writer

Post by robleyd »

You might try resetting the user profile
Delete or rename your OpenOffice user profile.

In Windows do this by:

Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar (not the search engine) and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder, say to user.old. Start OpenOffice.

When you restart OpenOffice, you should be prompted for name/initials on next startup of OO.

[Tutorial]The OpenOffice User Profile

Resetting the user profile
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
prabharathi

Post by prabharathi »

robleyd wrote:You might try resetting the user profile
Delete or rename your OpenOffice user profile.

In Windows do this by:

Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar (not the search engine) and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder, say to user.old. Start OpenOffice.

When you restart OpenOffice, you should be prompted for name/initials on next startup of OO.

[Tutorial]The OpenOffice User Profile

Resetting the user profile
Thank you very much. I followed these steps and reopened the openoffice and followed the instructions. Did try opening and closing odt and ods documents a few times and the problem did not recur for first few times. But after a few times again the problem recurred. When the problem occurs I can see that all the icons in the tool bar appear to be enclosed in a square. Any other solutions for this baffling problem?
Ravi
prabharathi

Post by prabharathi »

I did try deleting the present version and installing 4.1.2 but had problem again. It works fine few times but sometimes it acts wierd. Thought that it was after the installation of Intel True Key by another software and removed it but still persists. Will try to look for some other program or software which may be causing the problem
prabharathi

Re: Scrolling issue in Calc and Writer

Post by prabharathi »

As I was working on the issue I found that all this problem happens if I have opened a protected browser window of Kaspersky Internet Security while browsing. As soon I close the protected browser window open office seems to behave normally. Looking for a solution still.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Talk to Kaspersky.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
prabharathi

Post by prabharathi »

Thanks. I have raised the issue with Kaspersky technical team. Interestingly there is another thread in this forum titled Kaspersky corrupting Openoffice which describes the problem too. Finally at least have nailed the offending program.