Printing Address Labels

Discuss the spreadsheet application
dleddy

Printing Address Labels

Post by dleddy »

I have done the following: imported csv file of contacts in Calc, edited as a Xmas Card list, copied and pasted that list into Base table named XmasCardList. I then attempted to create an address label sheet with the following fields: Name, Address, City State, Zip Code using fields from the database table (using Avery 8160 sheet labels). All I get in the preview is some kind of field addressing, instead of the actual data in the fields. I have looked at Help, searched tutorials, tried different approachs. If I cannot find out how to transfer the database table contents to the address label sheet, will need to address all cards by hand. Any help surely appreciated
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Printing Address Labels

Post by robleyd »

G'day, and welcome to the community forum.

You may have View | Field names on - try toggling that setting, or press Ctrl+F9 and see if the data are displayed.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
dleddy

Re: Printing Address Labels

Post by dleddy »

Thanks for the suggestion but all that does is change the simple field name to a fully qualified name: all labels have the same text. Less important now that I found that the avery website handles the file directly and efficiently-I now have printed labels, a pdf image of the label sheets, and an online project that I can upload revised csv file to. Thanks for your help.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10