Macros doesn't work in web page

Discuss the spreadsheet application
josecarvalho

Macros doesn't work in web page

Post by josecarvalho »

Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum, and would like to greet you all ! :D

I'm learning how to use Openoffice Calc for some personal projects, specifically how to use macros to make interactive pages, and would be very thankful if someone could help me with the problems I'm stepping on every day.
I'm self-taught in programming, so my knowledge is somewhat limited atm ... I'm now understanding how macros work, and I managed to make some working pages with formulas and buttons with macros, using some code which is available on the Internet.

After a rough start, I'm now managing to do the basic stuff, and everything works fine in Calc ... now I was trying to make a web page with that stuff, but when I export my working page to HTML, the buttons on the HTML document don't work at all ... I assume it's the macros that doesn't work, maybe security related, I don't know, and I'm not being able to find useful information about that ... I guess it has to do with this "const short ALWAYS_EXECUTE_NO_WARN = 4;" , but I don't know exactly how to make it work. :cry:

So, I was hoping someone here could help me jump over this wall. :crazy:

Thanks ! :D
OpenOffice 5.4.3.2 on windows XP and win10
robleyd

Re: Macros doesn't work in web page

Post by robleyd »

If you are looking to make an interactive web application, Calc is not the tool for you. What you need will depend on exactly what you are wanting to do; for instance if you want to provide this interactive site on the internet through a web site you will need some sort of programming language such as PERL, PHP, Python etc.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
josecarvalho

Re: Macros doesn't work in web page

Post by josecarvalho »

I was getting to this conclusion myself. It's a shame you can't use your table with macros to make a functioning web page.
Alas ... I see I may have to go trough the pain of learning another programming language to make my calc document functioning on a wb page. It sucks, as it was already heavy work making it with calc (for a programming noob like me).
Got to find another way.

Thanks for your answer, robleyd, I appreciate your help and advice.
OpenOffice 5.4.3.2 on windows XP and win10