[Solved] Correctly using SUMIFS and Not Equal To

Discuss the spreadsheet application
nortski

[Solved] Correctly using SUMIFS and Not Equal To

Post by nortski »

Hi all,
Could someone please look at my formula and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to sum up a range of values while one condition equals "GBP" and another condition is not equal to "Withdrawal":

Code: Select all

SUMIFS(C11:C1008,D11:D1008,"GBP",B11:B1000,"<>Withdrawal")
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Correctly using SUMIFS and Not Equal To

Post by Villeroy »

At least you should tell us which software you are using (LibreOffice, OpenOffice and program version) and why you think that something is wrong; e.g. an error number, message, unexpected result compared to expected result.

Your formula raises Err:502 (inadequate parameter) with LibreOffice 5 and an English locale setting. It seems to work properly after correcting B11:B1000 to B11:B1008 so this range has the same size as the other ranges.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
nortski

Re: Correctly using SUMIFS and Not Equal To

Post by nortski »

Hi, sorry I'm getting my spreadsheets programs mixed up. This is actually on Google Sheets. The error I'm getting is "Array arguments to SUMIFS are of different size.". But you are very much correct, I had the wrong range in the last part. It works fine now.
Many thanks!