Discuss the spreadsheet application
SantiamTradingCo

Days in Inventory equation needed

Post by SantiamTradingCo »

Suppose that...
COL A is Date Received
COL B is Days in Inventory
COL C is Date Sold

What I would like is an equation for COL B that takes today's date and compares it to COL A and puts the difference in COL B. Additionally when the difference between the two dates becomes more than 90 days I would like to have the text turn RED. Then when a date is entered in COL C I'd like to have the first formula stop working and instead have the final difference recorded in COL B and put in BOLD. I'd like to see the 90 day color change happen here as well.

I have done all the research I can... I am getting nowhere on this on. IF anyone an help I would greatly appreciate it. I am a completely self taught spreadsheeter and I am good at a lot of the basics, but this advanced stuff just takes me forever or fornever.

TIA for the help.

Lee
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.3 Win10
FJCC

Re: Days in Inventory equation needed

Post by FJCC »

I assume the Date Sold cell is empty until a sale happens. Then the formula you need cell B2 is

Code: Select all

=IF(ISBLANK(C2);TODAY() - A2;C2-A2)
You may have to set the cell format of B2 to be something other than General to get a sensible display. With B2 selected, use the menu Format -> Cells and on the Numbers tab set the Category to Number and the Format to -1234.

To get the red text when B2 > 90, use the menu Format -> Conditional Formatting. In the Condition1 area, set the three drop boxes in the first row to read "Cell value", "is Greater than", 90. Then click New Style, give the style a name on the Organizer tab and on the Font Effect tab set the text color to red.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
SantiamTradingCo

Post by SantiamTradingCo »

Thank you for super quick reply! I will attempt to follow these directions later today and will post my success/failure ratio soon after that.
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.3 Win10
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

An alternative to FJCC's formula is

Code: Select all

=if(isblank(c2);today();c2)-a2
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.