Can i combine multiple sheets into groups?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
d.vermeulen

Can i combine multiple sheets into groups?

Post by d.vermeulen »

i'm trying to update an individual end of night cash up spreadsheet to run over multiple sheets so i can have the weekly and monthly totals tally themselves up. at the moment i have 8 sheets (one for each day of the week and one displaying the weekly totals), so far this works out fine but i want to expand this for the whole month.

is it possible rather than repeating this process 4 times over and ending up with a huge row of sheets to create 5 groups each containing the 8 daily sheets to keep things nice and tidy?

in short can you group together multiple sheets

cheers
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 7
RusselB

Re: Can i combine multiple sheets into groups?

Post by RusselB »

This might be capable by recoding the grouping sequence, but as it's currently written a group can only contain rows or columns on a single sheet.

On a side note, why are you running multiple sheets, when the weekly/monthly information could be obtained via formulas (suggestion is SUMIF function) or by using a Pivot Table.
Why do you need a different sheet for each day, rather than having one column for the date, a column for details (eg cash register number), and a column for the amount.
This is just a guess as to what you might be wanting based on the information you've given and spreadsheets that I've helped design for situations that seem similar to yours.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Can i combine multiple sheets into groups?

Post by Villeroy »

The software can easily group a list by all kinds of categories but only if it is one list.
For multiple lists there is menu:Data>Consolidate... but all the other features and functions assume one large list.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice