[Solved] Calc chart not saving changes to it

Discuss the spreadsheet application
camnaval

[Solved] Calc chart not saving changes to it

Post by camnaval »

I am using Open Office 4.1.4 in Windows 10. I have a spreadsheet with the value of 27 items( shown in columns) in each one of 30 consecutive days( shown in rows).
Therefore each one of those cells carry a number.
I have selected an XY( scattered) chart to visualize the results.
In addition, and to better see the progress of each item during those days I use a different color and symbol for each one of them.
( Note 1: I tried using lines, but they get too tight to observe differences)
----------------
My problem is that once I made my choice of colors and symbols for the 27 items, the program saved only a few of them, leaving most of the data with white color and therefore invisible to the eye( I could see this when I changed the background to light grey).
I have tried to modify the colors over and over again, but the program ignores all ways I know to save the changes.
( Note 2: I could not save the change in background color for the same reason.)
---------------
Your assistance here would be highly appreciated.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.4
Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: calc chart not saving changes to it

Post by Zizi64 »

I am using Open Office 4.1.4...

My problem is that once I made my choice of colors and symbols for the 27 items, the program saved only a few of them, leaving most of the data with white color and therefore invisible to the eye( I could see this when I changed the background to light grey).
I have tried to modify the colors over and over again, but the program ignores all ways I know to save the changes.
- Are you using ODF type fileformats?
- This function worked well in the previouss version of the AOO?
- Have you tried it with the LibreOffice?
- Can you upload your ODF type sample file here?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
camnaval

Re: calc chart not saving changes to it

Post by camnaval »

Thank you Zizi64. You had the perfect answer. My files were all XLS and I never paid attention to it. When I changed them to ODF it worked like a charm.
I wish I had dared placing my question days ago. I put an unexpected number of hours trying to solve it.
Kudos on your brief and excelent reply. I wish you many happy endings like this.
OpenOffice 4.1.4
Windows 10