[Solved] Updating links

Discuss the spreadsheet application
tom9940

[Solved] Updating links

Post by tom9940 »

Yesterday I installed OO4.1.4 on my Dell PC running Win 10. I have 9 spreadsheets that I update every day. Now when I tell it to open the 9 sheets, it stops from time to time (at individual sheets) while opening with a message that the sheet contains links and asking if I want to update the links, yes or no. Of course I don't want to update yet since I haven't had a chance to enter the new info the links are to look for! How can I bypass this? (It didn't do this in 4.1.3). Normally I have 1 sheet that I enter new info in first and then other sheets that link to that first sheet so I'm not manually entering the same info multiple times.
Last edited by tom9940 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 4.1.1 on MS Windows 10 (as of 9/19/15)
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: updating links

Post by Villeroy »

Tools>Options>Calc>Update Links = "Never"
Manual update via Edit>Links...
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
tom9940

Re: Updating links

Post by tom9940 »

I did that and when I look, it still says never, but I still have the same problem -- every day I get the same message upon opening my package of 9 sheets, before I have put any new info in for the update! HOW DO i STOP THIS?!
johnoo

Post by johnoo »

tom9940 wrote:I did that and when I look, it still says never, but I still have the same problem -- every day I get the same message upon opening my package of 9 sheets, before I have put any new info in for the update! HOW DO i STOP THIS?!
Tom,
I have similar problem, see my post.
Think this is a bug:-
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127582
Assume we just have to await AOO response
Best Regards
Johnoo

Windows 10 AOO 4.1.11
tom9940

Post by tom9940 »

Thanks for the reply. I guess 1 solution would be to re-install 4.1.3 which worked! And tell Apache what they can do with 4.1.4!
johnoo

Post by johnoo »

Tom/Experts,
That's one idea, but not a solution.There must be many users around who do not use this forum who have the problem.
Perhaps the experts/Moderators could advise on availability of an update to 4.1.4 to solve the problem?
Best Regards
Johnoo

Windows 10 AOO 4.1.11
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

The users/"experts" on this forum are just users with, sometimes, superior knowledge regarding how to use the different applications in OpenOffice (and/or LibreOffice, which is also supported on this forum)
if/when there is an update to 4.1.4, which may or may not contain a fix, then it will be announced on the forum.
However, I would not hold my breath waiting for such an update, considering how recently 4.1.4 was released.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
rhubarbpie

Post by rhubarbpie »

I have the same problem. Regardless of what I choose in 'Update links when opening' I receive 'Update all links?' when opening my spreadsheet.
OOo 3.0.X on Linux-Other
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

This problem is known and has been reported.
Our options are limited to the following:
1) Put up with having to answer a question or two when we open a spreadsheet that contains links.
2) Re-write our spreadsheets so that none of them contain links.
3) Uninstall OpenOffice 4.1.4 and reinstall OpenOffice 4.1.3
4) Edit the OpenOffice source code to remove the additional code that is creating the additional prompts
5) Wait for the developers to release an update that has this bug fixed.

NOTE: There may be other options, but those are the only ones I was able to think of.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

RusselB wrote:This problem is known and has been reported.
Our options are limited to the following:
1) Put up with having to answer a question or two when we open a spreadsheet that contains links.
2) Re-write our spreadsheets so that none of them contain links.
3) Uninstall OpenOffice 4.1.4 and reinstall OpenOffice 4.1.3
4) Edit the OpenOffice source code to remove the additional code that is creating the additional prompts
5) Wait for the developers to release an update that has this bug fixed.

NOTE: There may be other options, but those are the only ones I was able to think of.
6) Use linked database ranges where possible.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
tom9940

Post by tom9940 »

When Apache sees fit to change this, they can let me know. In the meantime I have removed 4.1.4 and re-installed 4.1.3.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Pay attention to the notices on the forum regarding new releases.