[Solved] Graphs are blank after upgrading to 4.1.4 (Mac OS)

Discuss the spreadsheet application
LeanFan12

[Solved] Graphs are blank after upgrading to 4.1.4 (Mac OS)

Post by LeanFan12 »

Hello,
Late last week I upgraded my Mac OS to 10.11.6 and then updated OpenOffice to 4.1.4. The issue I've ran into since then is that various graphs (in previous spreadsheets) are now blank; the box is there, but all that shows is a white rectangle in the lower right corner. The chart type, and data ranges are all blank. I rebuilt a Pareto chart and a line chart, but when I save and close the file, it's blank when I open it again. I've restarted my computer and have also tried a simple bar chart test--saved to the desktop. That too is blank when I open it again. I have not run into this issue when upgrading previously.

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by LeanFan12 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4, Mac OS 10.11.6
RoryOF

Re: Graphs are blank after upgrading to 4.1.4

Post by RoryOF »

This problem was detected after 4.1.4 was released - it affects only Macs. A fix has been implemented and a new build for Macs will be uploaded shortly tp the servers. As soon as I get the go-ahead I will post an advisory note for Mac users, telling them to download and install the fixed version (don't do this yet as the relevant file is not yet on the servers).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
LeanFan12

Post by LeanFan12 »

Thank you for confirming. I'll be watching for that fix file. By "uploaded shortly" are we talking hours or days before it will be available? Also could you put a block on the update for Mac users (until it's fixed)? I don't know how many Mac Calc users would not want to create graphs but I wish the update prompt wouldn't have occurred if this was a known issue.
Apache OpenOffice 4, Mac OS 10.11.6
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

A day, possibly two days before the new version is available. It wasn't a known issue. It was discovered afterwards and was a difficult analysis. The problem was caused, I think, by some updates in newer versions of the operating system versions of libraries used.
 Edit: The fix for the Charts problem has caused side effects in other areas of Calc. Until these are cured the recommendation is to revert to OO 4.1.3. When the fix is available it will be announced in the Forum 
Sirkk

Re: [Solved] Graphs are blank after upgrading to 4.1.4 (Mac

Post by Sirkk »

I have just posted about this issue. I have the exact same issue with my students' spreadsheets that contain their results which I had linked from a data sheet. Asked to update links which I never had before and then as usual, 'this link contains links to other files. Should they be updated? ' Once, I said yes to both answers, I lost all my graphs and replaced with a white rectangle instead. Is the update gone up?
Apache Open Office 4.1.3 with MacOS 10.10.5
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] Graphs are blank after upgrading to 4.1.4 (Mac

Post by RoryOF »

The update is not yet available, as the fix has caused problems in other areas of Calc. The recommendation is to revert to OO 4,1,3 until a gooo fix is available. This will be announced on the forum.