Remove hyperlinks

Discuss the spreadsheet application
southofmotown

Remove hyperlinks

Post by southofmotown »

I copy and paste hyperlinks into a spreadsheet and I do not want them to remain hyperlinks in my spreadsheet. I can highlight the text and select "default formatting", but that takes too much time. I'd rather that they were never hyperlinks to begin with. I didn't have this issue in an earlier version of Openoffice, but I just downloaded the newest version. Please advise. Thanks! Todd
OpenOffice 4.1.2
Windows 8
FJCC

Re: Remove hyperlinks

Post by FJCC »

Try going to the menu Tools -> AutoCorrect Options and on the Options tab remove the selection from URL Recognition.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
southofmotown

Post by southofmotown »

Thanks, but I tried that and it did not work.
OpenOffice 4.1.2
Windows 8
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

I copy and paste hyperlinks into a spreadsheet
From where (what kind of source: filetype, web browser page, ...?) did you copy.

Generally you may try to paste by 'Paste Special...' and choose 'unformatted text'. If this doesn't work, report the details.

And: Immediately after the pasting all the concerned cells are selected. Now to hit Ctrl+M should not be too time-consuming. Just don't forget it.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
southofmotown

Post by southofmotown »

Lupp wrote:
I copy and paste hyperlinks into a spreadsheet
From where (what kind of source: filetype, web browser page, ...?) did you copy.

Generally you may try to paste by 'Paste Special...' and choose 'unformatted text'. If this doesn't work, report the details.

And: Immediately after the pasting all the concerned cells are selected. Now to hit Ctrl+M should not be too time-consuming. Just don't forget it.
I am copying from a webpage. Thanks. I'll try your suggestion.
OpenOffice 4.1.2
Windows 8
southofmotown

Post by southofmotown »

For what it's worth, I just found that the hyperlinks do not transfer to my spreadsheet when I copy them using Google Chrome, as opposed to Microsoft Edge browser.
OpenOffice 4.1.2
Windows 8