[Solved] How to insert a row and retain all relative inputs

Discuss the spreadsheet application
benjowilso

[Solved] How to insert a row and retain all relative inputs

Post by benjowilso »

I have a spreadsheet that was given to me, fully formatted to do tax calculations. Many cells are formatted to interact with each other in a way that is relative to their number. Unfortunately the sheet only has 200 rows and it turns out I need 300. I have tried to add rows but none of the cells/rows added have any of the relative formatting (inputs) like the ones above/below.

How can I insert rows and retain all relative inputs/formatting for each cell (as the rows above and below do)???

Please help!

SOLVED. THANKS RUSSELB!
Last edited by benjowilso on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on MacOSX 10.11.6
RusselB

Re: how to insert a row and retain all relative inputs

Post by RusselB »

You could simply highlight a row that has the proper formatting, copy the row, and then paste into the inserted row(s)
On my system, that is a matter of right clicking on the row number (of the row I want to copy), select Copy
Then select the row(s) that I want to paste the information to, right click on row (or the last row if a set), then select Paste
This will paste the contents from the row that was copied to the new row(s).
NOTE: The for the multiple row selection to work, the rows must be sequential.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: how to insert a row and retain all relative inputs

Post by Villeroy »

menu:Tools>Options>Calc>General: "Expand references ...." = ON
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66968&p=297978#p297987
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2350
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice