[Solved] Headline moving as I scroll

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Letorion

[Solved] Headline moving as I scroll

Post by Letorion »

Hi.

I'm working with printing t-shirts for different sports clubs and companies.
I've made a spreadsheet containing the information about placement, font, sizes and such on different pieces of clothing. I got help to make a dropdown menu to easily be able to find the club/company I'm looking for the information on, but now I'm trying to make it even better as part of preparing for when I change jobs and someone else will take over.

When I'm scrolling down to add information about a new club it would be very handy if row number 1 would "follow" so I always have that visible no matter where in the spreadsheet I am. I.e. if I scroll down to row number 21 to enter new information, I would like to have row 1 visible as the "top row" and not, say row 18 or something.
I'm enclosing an image of an old version (without the dropdown menu) so you can get an idea of how it's looking. The dropdown menu is on row 1, cell A.

Row 1 contains information as to which column represents which piece of clothing, so having it "Always on top" would be very convenient when entering new information.

I hope my English is well enough to be understood. I am sorry if it's badly explained, but I'm sure the tolerant people of this forum won't get mad at me. ;)

I am using Windows 10 and OpenOffice version 4.1.3 (with Swedish language pack).

I'm super grateful for any assistance.
qnQeI7.png
Last edited by Letorion on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Headline moving as I scroll

Post by RoryOF »

Put your cursor in the row/column after the row/column you want to remain and select /Window /Freeze
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Letorion

Re: Headline moving as I scroll

Post by Letorion »

Thank you RoryOF! You are awesome! <3
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10