Formulas

Discuss the spreadsheet application
hassle

Formulas

Post by hassle »

100 rows of data
on each row I want H to represent column C minus column B
is there a way to set this up without doing it 100x?

on each row I want J to represent H divided by B
again-can this be setup without doing it 100x?

thank you-is there somewhere within openoffice help where this kind of info can be found?
open office 3 on windows7
FJCC

Re: formulas

Post by FJCC »

I'll assume your data start in row 2. In cell H2 enter

Code: Select all

=C2 - B2
After you press enter, click on H2 and you will see a small black square in the lower right corner. Click and hold on that and drag it down to cell H101. The formula will be copied into each cell you drag through and the cell references will adjust automatically.
The same procedure will work for you other formula except you should enter in J2

=H2/B2
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I'm guessing that you already know the base formulas you need, but just in case, for your first situation, in H1 enter

=C1-B1
For your second situation, the code would be

=H1/B1
Note: If B1 is 0, then you will get an error in I1

As to what I think your real query is about, if your data is in consecutive rows, select the cell with the formula (eg: H1), then double click the little black box (aka the handle) located at the bottom right of that cell.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
hassle

Post by hassle »

thank you very much-I will try these tomorrow when I have a minute
open office 3 on windows7