[Solved] Mirror range of cells

Discuss the spreadsheet application
william.in.rs

[Solved] Mirror range of cells

Post by william.in.rs »

I need to "mirror" a range of cells so that first column becomes last, second next to last, and so on. Is there some easy way to do this?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Mandriva 2010.0
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: mirror range of cells

Post by jrkrideau »

I am assuming this is a Calc question and that the range of cells is vertical.

A quick and dirty solution would be to run a series of sequential numbers down a column beside the data range, select both columns of the data and do Data > Sort Descending.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
william.in.rs

Post by william.in.rs »

Cute solution! Thank you! I should mark the question as "Solved" (but I don't know how).
Yes, it is Calc question. Unfortunately my range is much more complicated - it contains merged cells so sort doesn't work well. Should I start a new thread or can I ask my next question here:
Is it possible (in Calc) to "glue" cells together so that they behave as merged and move around together?
OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Mandriva 2010.0
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

william.in.rs wrote:Cute solution! Thank you! I should mark the question as "Solved" (but I don't know how).
Go to your first post. You should click on a button on the top right for Edit, then add [Solved] to the Subject.
Yes, it is Calc question. Unfortunately my range is much more complicated - it contains merged cells so sort doesn't work well. Should I start a new thread or can I ask my next question here:
Is it possible (in Calc) to "glue" cells together so that they behave as merged and move around together?
I think a new thread, with a reference to this one is probably the best idea.

I seldom (never?) use merged cell that need to be moved like that but, off-the-top-of-my-head, it seems unlikely.

A small example of the layout would be useful. You can upload a file of up to 128K to the forum. There are Upload tabs at the bottom of the Quote and Reply windows.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04