How to update TableGrid Quantity using Calc

Discuss the spreadsheet application
ouchd'greyt

How to update TableGrid Quantity using Calc

Post by ouchd'greyt »

Hi Community,

Asking for your help on my problem.\
i had my table grid and wanting to be updated on it everytime a command button pressed.

Whenever i have pressed the command button the data i selected in the table grid were acquired and saved in other cells, on that table grid it has a Quantity Column
in Sheet1
-I have my table grid
- In that table grid it has "Quantity Column"

example
Name of Tools Quantity
Wrench 2

in Sheet2
-where the selected cell in the table grid in Sheet1 be saved
-I have a column where in it will ask how many quantity do you want to issue
-I have my command button

for example:
i select the tool name "Wrench" and i want to issue 1 Quantity only after pressing the command button in Sheet2, the Wrench tool in the table grid will automatically deduct by 1 because you just issue 1 quantity.

can anyone understand what i'm talking, if yes, please help me, I need your help :(
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How to update TableGrid Quantity using Calc

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
ouchd'greyt

Post by ouchd'greyt »

Hi,

Thank you for your response, i reviewed it and i appreciated it so much.
But what a waste if I will just throw or ignore my code besides i'm about to finish my program and my only problem is that i can't update my table control using a command button :( :( , i want your code that everytime the've input how many quantity they want to issue in textbox, it will reduce the quantity in my table control. :(
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

I still do not know enough about your sheets.
I do not understand the term "table control" in the context. You asked in the Calc branch, and I don't think the term is well recognised in Calc.
I do not understand
in Sheet2
-where the selected cell in the table grid in Sheet1 be saved
Is this meant to tell us that someone selected a cell in 'Sheet1', and that a specific (or what?) cell in 'Sheet2' is mirroring either the position (address) of the cell or its content?
What the case? How done?
Whenever i have pressed the command button the data i selected in the table grid were acquired and saved in other cells,..
How selected now? Why saved? To what cells? What will happen when the command button is clicked next time the sama data are selected?
More than one command button out there?

I cannot find a clue in what way your Sub triggered by clicking on a command button should identify the cells on which to work when updating a quantity.
You wont be happy with the hint to assign

Code: Select all

QuantityCellObject.Value = QuantityCellObject.Value - ReducementIntended
, will you?

If you expect someone to try to help you with respect to the specific attempts you already made or to the state of your attempted solution, you will need to give the full information: Attach (a reworked/reduced version of) the document as it is.

You should also be ready to read a "no remedy; attempt will fail" as a friendly and well-meaning answer. Nobody will try to force you to accept it.

What a waste just stabbing in the dark while intending to help!
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
ouchd'greyt

Post by ouchd'greyt »

Hi Lupp,

Thank you for your advise, i don't mean to hurt someone in my reply previously, acctually i'm not really good in english so, whenever there's a word i can't explain, i just search it to google before i input on the message, i din't expect that it would result like that, i just want to ask help.. :(

my apology, my mistake...
ouchd'greyt

Post by ouchd'greyt »

here are my files, i'm doing it here and those helps i'm asking also here
There's my Sheet1 wherein it contained my Table Control and there's also a sheet named "borrower's form" wherein it contained the saved data you selected in Table control when you push the command button(Request Item).

here, i want to happen that, when the command button named "Borrow" in Sheet "borrower's form" is clicked, the quantity of the item you selected in table control will reduced depends on how many quantity you want to issue..

thank you in advance all,
sorry for misunderstanding regarding my previous message,
Attachments
simulate.ods
(78.79 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
simulate.odb
(15.53 KiB) Downloaded 79 times