[Solved] Function name changed after opening with Excel

Discuss the spreadsheet application
dwellman

[Solved] Function name changed after opening with Excel

Post by dwellman »

I am using the DAYSINMONTH() function in my spreadsheet. When I open the file, the function name is changed to "org.openoffice.daysinmonth()" which returns "#NAME?". Why is it doing this. This is on a Windows 10 Home OS.

The answer was that the file was originally an Excel spreadsheet (or somewhere along the way it was converted from one). I created the file from scratch and the problem no longer occurs. Thanks MrProgrammer. :bravo:
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Open Office 4.1.3, Windows 10 Home
MrProgrammer

Re: function name is changed

Post by MrProgrammer »

dwellman wrote:I am using the DAYSINMONTH() function in my spreadsheet. When I open the file, the function name is changed to "org.openoffice.daysinmonth()" which returns "#NAME?".
Did you break the spreadsheet by opening/saving it with Excel? You must use Open Office if you want to use that function in your spreadsheet.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

A compatible replacement for DAYSINMONTH(A1)

Code: Select all

=DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1);MONTH(A1)+1;1)-1)
subtracts one day from the first of next month and extracts the day portion.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

This function is only available if the Analysis AddIn is installed.
Issues:

DAYSINMONTH is not part of the forthcoming ODFF international standard, and should not be regarded as portable. An alternative would be DAY(DATE(YEAR(date);MONTH(date)+1;0)).
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... H_function
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.