Date format has some square boxes in font

Discuss the spreadsheet application
drp_61

Date format has some square boxes in font

Post by drp_61 »

in spreadsheet in format window, date format is showing square fonts. what could be wrong ?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Libreoffice 6.4.7 windows 10 enterprise, 64 bit
acknak

Re: Date format has some square boxes in font

Post by acknak »

The language setting shown there is Hindi. Displaying Hindi requires characters that are not present in many fonts, such as (apparently) the font used for the user interface.

Evidently you're not working with a Hindi user interface; do you want the document language set to Hindi? If so, it seems there is font support missing. If you don't intend to work in Hindi, maybe that setting was picked up erroneously by OO.

I'm not sure why that might happen or what to do about it, exactly. You might check under Tools > Options > Langauge Settings > Languages ...
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: Date format has some square boxes in font

Post by Lupp »

(Editing: Sorry! Post crossed.)

Some date formats create output containing text (names of months, names of weekdays). To exemplifiy them the cell format dialog needs access to a font assigned to the language set for the cell's 'Numbers' format. I your case this laguage is Hindi. For reasons I cannot reasonably guess without success to your system this assignment seems to be missing.

Using Hindi for date formats is well supported on my system (Europe, Germany, Win 10, UI-language= 'English (UK)', locale = 'English (UK)', default language for CTL = Hindi, CTL not enabled).
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München