[Solved] How do I delete underscores in a template?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Chadhall

[Solved] How do I delete underscores in a template?

Post by Chadhall »

If you can see in the image I attached, I am doing a Template and I want to delete the extra lines to the right of the long (grid?) line. Those extra lines are causing my printer to print an extra page of JUST those extra lines. I can't figure out how to remove them. I am running OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10. Please help. Thank you.
Attachments
19956703_10207302912050181_8375680059821558362_o.jpg
Last edited by Chadhall on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2
Windows 10 Home
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How do I delete underscores in a template?

Post by Villeroy »

File>Templates>Edit...
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Chadhall

Post by Chadhall »

That just brought up a window to open a file, I open the file and then nothing changes
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2
Windows 10 Home
acknak

Post by acknak »

Can't say for sure, but my guess is that the lines are coming from text entered into the first column. You'll have to edit the text (double-click on a cell in the first column), move to the end, then backspace to remove some of the underlines. Press Enter to finish editing, then check the display to see if the text is short enough to fit inside the page limit (darker vertical line).

Calc can also scale the content to force it to fit on a single page; that may make the text too small.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Question does not belong in Writer > Templates. I reported it, so a mod will most likely move it to the Calc forum soon

If you want to make a form fillable on screen, do not use this approach. Rather, widen the columns to make space for the entire input in one cell, and use cell borders on the input cell instead of trailing underscore characters on the prompt text.
Chadhall

Post by Chadhall »

acknak wrote:Can't say for sure, but my guess is that the lines are coming from text entered into the first column. You'll have to edit the text (double-click on a cell in the first column), move to the end, then backspace to remove some of the underlines. Press Enter to finish editing, then check the display to see if the text is short enough to fit inside the page limit (darker vertical line).

Calc can also scale the content to force it to fit on a single page; that may make the text too small.
Thanks, I had to go to the cells in the first column and delete the extra underlines on the end.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2
Windows 10 Home