[Solved] Single Hyperlink with multiple targets

Discuss the spreadsheet application
TL7

[Solved] Single Hyperlink with multiple targets

Post by TL7 »

Can a single OO hyperlink point to multiple targets? For example, I would like to click on a single hyperlink and open multiple websites in my default browser. If this is possible, what would the syntax be?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4 on Windows
OpenOffice 4 on OS/X
OpenOffice 4 on Linux MINT
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Single Hyperlink with multiple targets

Post by Zizi64 »

Can a single OO hyperlink point to multiple targets? For example, I would like to click on a single hyperlink and open multiple websites in my default browser.
As I know it, you can not achieve this task directly (by a pure hyperlink).
But you can write a macro for this task: the macro will be launched by a clicking on the hyperlink-like object, and the macro will open multiple websites in your default browser. The real hyperlinks must be stored in the commands of the macro code.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
MrProgrammer

Re: Single Hyperlink with multiple targets

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
TL7 wrote:Can a single OO hyperlink point to multiple targets? For example, I would like to click on a single hyperlink and open multiple websites in my default browser.
Create a shell script which opens multiple targets. Point the hyperlink at the shell script. Syntax for the shell script depends on the operating system. You'll need to research the syntax for Linux MINT and Windoze. For a Mac, it's:

#!/bin/sh
   open 'http://www.openoffice.org'
   open 'http://www.wikipedia.org'
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).