[Solved] Find and Replace question

Discuss the spreadsheet application
RusselB

[Solved] Find and Replace question

Post by RusselB »

I recently imported a table from a website, and have discovered that the character generated by CHAR(10) is used in place of the space at certain points.
I tried to copy the character from the table in order to do a Find and Replace, but the character isn't pasting into the Find box.
I determined the character code using a combination of CODE and MID, so the 10 is the code being returned by Calc.
Is there a way to do a Find and Replace for this (wanting to replace the 10 code character with a space), or do I have to go through the table and manually do it one at a time?
Last edited by RoryOF on Wed May 24, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RoryOF

Re: Find and Replace question

Post by RoryOF »

Try Find \n Replace <space>, more options Regular Expressions. I'm not certain this will work.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RusselB

Re: Find and Replace question

Post by RusselB »

It works.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.