[Solved] Transfers of files resetting to defaults

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jimbokea

[Solved] Transfers of files resetting to defaults

Post by jimbokea »

Hi
I have a series of spreadsheets that deal with scoring for indoor bowls.
There are 2 things in tools I unticked as they caused problems.
These were - auto input (under cell content) and case sensitive in the options - openoffice calc - calculate.
Several people have my spreadsheets on their computers.
Sometimes I update theirs using a USB stick to implement changes I have made.
When these people go to use them for the first time since the update both of the above have been ticked again and cause problems.
Once these have been unticked again the rest of the spreadsheet sets follow suit.
Why does it put these ticks back on their computer initially and how can it be avoided?
Cheers Jim
Last edited by jimbokea on Sat May 27, 2017 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
OPenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
RusselB

Re: transfers of files resetting to defaults

Post by RusselB »

I think, and I'm willing to stand corrected if someone else knows otherwise, that those settings (amongst many others) are not stored on a spreadsheet by spreadsheet basis, but are stored in the user profile, thus making it impossible to transfer files to someone else's computer and maintain these settings, without doing a profile transfer as well (not recommended from my point of view).
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
jimbokea

Re: [solved] Transfers of files resetting to defaults

Post by jimbokea »

Yes RusselB, it appears this is the case. I tested this out today and autoinput on the file I opened in the other persons computer had reset to being ticked.
Once I unticked it the other files in there had the same (unticked)
The case senstive was still unticked though so that transfers -
cheers Jim
OPenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7