[Solved] Remove Optimal Column Width Dialog?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
esmeadows

[Solved] Remove Optimal Column Width Dialog?

Post by esmeadows »

I have used this function literally thousands of times and have never once changed anything in the dialog box that follows. Can the dialog box be turned off?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
E. S. Meadows
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7
RusselB

Re: Remove Optimal Column Width Dialog?

Post by RusselB »

In theory, yes... but I suspect that would mean having to re-write the dialog code... probably more trouble than what it's worth considering all you need to do is hit the Enter key if nothing needs to be changed.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The AOO and the LO are open source softwares. You can modify everything in the source code, and you can build your own version of the office suite.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
esmeadows

Post by esmeadows »

I understand that anything in OpenOffice may be changed by changing the source code. This is beyond my capabilities and was hoping that there might be a configuration option to control this behavior.

So, from your response may I assume that there is no configuration option to remove the dialog? That would be good to know because then I'll give up searching for one.
E. S. Meadows
gerard24
Volunteer

Post by gerard24 »

Select column by click on column header, then double-click on the separator between 2 columns at the right of the column.
You will not have a dialog.
LibreOffice 6.4.5 on Windows 10
esmeadows

Post by esmeadows »

Thank you, gerard24! I was delighted to learn that your solution also works when multiple columns are selected.
E. S. Meadows