Tool bar to select currency

Discuss the spreadsheet application
suewarm

Tool bar to select currency

Post by suewarm »

Hi,
I frequently handle £ and $ within the same spreadsheet. Is there a short cut I can add to my tool bar that allows me to select which currency to apply to a cell? Eg: Could I have a £ button and a $ button?
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Tool bar to select currency

Post by Zizi64 »

Do you want insert a £ and a $ characters into some cells as a string, or do you want to format some numbers as currency?
You can write your own macros for both of the two tasks, and then you can assign the macros to a custom toolbar icon or to a shortkey or to a custom menu item.

There is a currency button in the Calc application. But it would not be effective to show all of existing currencies of the countries of the world, therefore the default currency - associated to that one button - depends on the locale settings.
"There is not enough place on the toolbars" for appeare all of existing currencies.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

You can create and use your own cell styles for the formatting the numeric contents of the cells (as 'currency').

You can format the cells by a double click on the desired Cell Style item of the "Styles and formatting" function on the Sidebar - instead of the searching in the lots of the currency icons, and pushing the appropriate one.
Last edited by Zizi64 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
suewarm

Post by suewarm »

thanks - I will give the macro method a go.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10