Page Numbers Count From Prior Worksheet

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Trisha0714

Page Numbers Count From Prior Worksheet

Post by Trisha0714 »

I am unable to set page numbers correctly. The pages continue from the prior worksheet rather than setting it for the present worksheet. So when setting page of pages which should show 1 to 13 etc. It will say page 219 to 232.
Apache Open Office 4.1.2
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Page Numbers Count From Prior Worksheet

Post by Zizi64 »

You can create and apply different pagestyles for the different sheets. And then you can set (manually) the "First page number" property in the pagestyles:
Pagenumber of the first page.png
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Trisha0714

Post by Trisha0714 »

It is important that these documents remain in the same format and style. Thank You For Your Efforts.
Apache Open Office 4.1.2
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I don't know if it's the same dialog, or another dialog that is identical in appearance, but there is a dialog that appears the same as the one Tibor posted available through File -> Page Preview -> Format Page -> Sheet
NB: Some of the above refers to tabs, rather than menu selections.
These are settings that affect the printing of the sheet(s), but (with some exceptions) not the information as it is saved in the spreadsheet.
I don't have any documents that reach into the number of pages you are working with, but I did the last 5 pages of a 10 page document, with the page numbering starting at 1, so it should work for you.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I don't know if it's the same dialog, or another dialog that is identical in appearance, but there is a dialog that appears the same as the one Tibor posted available through File -> Page Preview -> Format Page -> Sheet
This function will allways modify the page style of the active sheet: one of the existing and applied page styles.
It is important that these documents remain in the same format and style.
You can use different page styles with same properties. Only the "starting pagenumber" property (and the name of the page style) must be different in the created and applied different page styles.
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
alberto.villar

Post by alberto.villar »

I'm running OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Ubuntu 16.04 x64. During print preview, the page numbers in my spreadsheet books keep counting from the previous worksheet. Following the recommendations in this forum, I have verified that the value of "First page number" in Format > Page > Sheet was set to "1". The attached capture shows the option value in the dialog and also the page number ("7" in this case). When I give "First page number" a value of "3", the page number becomes "9", so it's definitely not behaving as first page number of the sheet but as the increment from the previous page count.

The situation does not change whether I have print ranges defined or not.

But the good point is that selected sheets print with correct page numbers, so the issue (in my case) has to do with the preview only. Preview seems to display "all what can be printed" from the current book. Good to know.

I hope this experience helps more people in the future and saves them a lot of time / headaches.
Attachments
20050100 OpenOfficeCalc PageNumberIssue.png
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Windows7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I'm running OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Ubuntu 16.04 x64.

Then please upload a real, ODF type sample file here. Then we will able to check the settings and the applied Page Styles in your file. (Change the sensitive contents to some dummy contents.)