Print shadded on exam form

Discuss the spreadsheet application
amcform

Print shadded on exam form

Post by amcform »

hi
i mad AMC exam form (optical mark recognition)like this:

and i made calc file to shadded students numbers and print students name on the forms (in attachment file).
the problem: i don't know how i can print the calc file on all forms automaticaly, now, the calc file can shadded and print the name for 1st student (only).
Attachments
form_omr.ods
(13.64 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: print shadded on exam form

Post by Lupp »

Most likely I do not understand, but...

Do you want to print a kind of layout with many different values taken from a data collection again and again?

This is known as 'Mail Merge' and only implemented for 'Writer' documents (which may contain graphical objects, of course). The source of the changing insertions (names e.g.) can be a registered database then, and in this role a properly formatted (in fact: a rather unformatted simple table) sheet of a Calc document.

If you already spent a lot of time with the preparation of a spreadsheet as the "mother of the form" you may try to export it to .png and to insert it into a 'Writer' document as an image... This will not allow further editing, of course... Then make a mail-merge document of it...

Another approach would be to write a little "macro" which inserts the data from the table row by row into the respective cells of the "form" sheet and prints that sheet again and again.

See also: https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question ... m-in-calc/
(If you post the same question in more than one forums, please always include links both ways.)
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
amcform

Re: Print shadded on exam form

Post by amcform »

thanks Lupp
now, i change the document to make it easy.

if you see the form_omr2.ods in attachment, i made 3 steps:
1- select the student number from the drop down (under the blue title).
2- select the student name from the drop down (under the blue title).
3- click on "print" button to print the page.

repeat or return this steps again for the 2nd student and the 3rd ..... .
i want macro to do all steps for all student the table, i hope you understand me.

regards
Attachments
form_omr2.ods
(15.98 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista