[Solved] Analysis ToolPack in AOO

Discuss the spreadsheet application
MathFool

[Solved] Analysis ToolPack in AOO

Post by MathFool »

For school we are suppose to use the Analysis TooPak at home. From what I understand Calc has this. But will it open just fine on my teachers computer with Microsoft Excel?
I can save it in .XML format without loosing data, but will it re-open on her computer with Excel?
Last edited by MathFool on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: Analysis TooPak in OO....

Post by Hagar Delest »

Note sure it can.
Some similar discussions here:
- Analysis Toolpack?
- Calc & statistical process control.
Why not saving in .xls?

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Analysis ToolPack in AOO

Post by Villeroy »

I'd rather use LibreOffice for anything related with MS compatibility. But the problem is that the optional toolpack for Excel adds a new set of sheet functions together with some wizards in the GUI that help to apply the functions.
OpenOffice comes with equivalent (but not the same) add-in functions but leaves it up to the user to apply them right.
LibreOffice comes with equivalent (but not the same) add-in functions plus wizards under menu:Data>Statistics>....
The problem is that Excel stores some internal function call like "xlapplication.addins.analysis-tools.ANNOVA" whereas the ODF suites store the same function call like "com.sun.star.addins.analysis-addin.getAnnova" or something.
When you convert from .ods to .xls, the function calls to the addin functions remain the same so Excel can't find them. LIkewise, Calc can not find the functions that are called by some Excel add-in even though the equivalent functions may be availlable under another name space.
One simple solution could be a simple find&replace within the xml to exchange the name space, but I never tried that.
The clean and easy and free of cost solution would be LibreOffice on the teacher's computer.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

Just export the anova results as pdf and supply the raw data as a Calc or csv file? Would the teacher accept that?

Of course, IMO, using a spreadsheet for statistics is not a good idea.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I downloaded some xlsx files and LibreOffice seems to handle the analysis functions properly.
http://www.real-statistics.com/free-dow ... -workbook/
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice