[Solved] Export PDF from a Link spreadseet

Discuss the spreadsheet application
bunivers

[Solved] Export PDF from a Link spreadseet

Post by bunivers »

I'm a new bee to calc. I created a spread sheet of names, address, etc. It was sorted by name. I then inserted a new spread sheet. Copied the original and did a "paste special" with options link. So the new insert spread sheet is a totally "linked" spread sheet. I sorted the new spread sheet by location. I then tried to "export as pdf". The pdf I get is the original spread sheet, not the linked one. What am I missing, can I do what I'm trying. Thanks for any help.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Re: Export PDF from a Link spreadseet

Post by acknak »

I'm not sure what happened with your linked sheet, but instead of pasting as links, just paste the data into the other sheet and sort that. Or sort the original data, export the PDF, and then use File > Reload to restore the original order
 Edit:  
PS: My guess is that your exported PDF has both sheets in it, with the original in it first, followed by the sorted copy. At least that's what just happened to me when I tried it.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
bunivers

Post by bunivers »

I want the LINK feature, so I can update in one place.
acknak

Post by acknak »

Sorry, I wasn't very clear: I could not reproduce your problem with the exported PDF file.

When I view the PDF, I thought at first I saw the problem, but then I realized that both sheets had been exported and i was simply looking at the first sheet (the one in the original order). When I paged through the PDF, I got to the sorted, linked sheet, and it was in the correct sorted order.

Double-check your PDF output. If you're sure that you've exported the right sheet and you still see the problem, perhaps you can post your spreadsheet document (or a sample of it) here, so we can try also.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
bunivers

Post by bunivers »

Problem resolved. I started from scratch and no problems. My original spreadsheet was a lotus123 conversion, maybe it had something to do with that.
Thanks to all who replied.