Setup full bleed letterhead for print as PDF

Discuss the spreadsheet application
lightnb

Setup full bleed letterhead for print as PDF

Post by lightnb »

Hello,

We have a letterhead that uses full bleed - its meant to be printed on a commercial printer and should go right to the edge of the page with no margins. For things that we actually print, we just load the letterhead in the printer, and hit print, no need to set-up the letterhead in the file because its already on the page.

Now, however, we want to use Calc to create quotes to send to companies, and the quotes will be exported to PDFs and attached to an email. In order to do this on letterhead, we need to get the letterhead art file (a png) set-up in the actual document so its part of the exported pdf.

We've added the file using the insert picture function, dragged it to the top left of the sheet, and have sent it to the background.

We have set the margin on the document to 0 on all sides, and the print and page layout to portrait.

I've added "buffer" columns to simulate margins for the actual printed content so the rest of the document is constrained to 1/2" on all sides.

I've used view -> page break preview to align the blue lines exactly where I want them, and in the page break preview it looks perfect.

Problem: When choosing print->page preview, it insists on adding extra white borders on the bottom and right sides. Top and left are correct. Trying to adjust the page break right hand line only makes matters worse. How can I make the background image fit exactly to the printed page with zero margins?
Linux Mint 16 - OpenOffice Version: 4.1.3.2
acknak

Re: Setup full bleed letterhead for print as PDF

Post by acknak »

I see you've had no response to your question. Have you had any success with it?

I'm not very experienced with printing from Calc but my feeling is that this is going to be an uphill battle: Calc doesn't seem to be designed to handle precise layout on paper. It wonder if it could be done by combining separate pdf files: the letterhead and the Calc output.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23