[Issue] OpenOffice Calc Pivot tables and slicers?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
michaelff

[Issue] OpenOffice Calc Pivot tables and slicers?

Post by michaelff »

Hi Folks,

How can I achieve slicers like shown in this video clip for Micorsoft Excel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HF1bG70IE

I don't seem to able to do this OpenOffice, can some one point me in the right direction please. :cry:

If the feature does not exist, which I believe it doesn't can we have a request to have this enhancement added please.

OpenOffice v4.1.1
AOO411m6(Build:9775) - Rev. 1617669
2014-08-13 09:23 - Linux x86_64

Redhat v6.5
Kernel 2.6.32-43.30.1.el6_x86_64
GNOME 2.28.2

Thanks
Michael
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Issue] (link to a bug report).
OpenOffice version 4.1.1.
Linux Redhat 6.5
MrProgrammer

Re: OpenOffice Calc Pivot tables and slicers? - Feature requ

Post by MrProgrammer »

This is a user assistance forum, not the bug fix or feature enhancement site. But see Reporting bugs or suggestions.
If Excel better meets your needs, stay with that product.

If this answered your concern, please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
michaelff

Post by michaelff »

MrProgrammer wrote:This is a user assistance forum, not the bug fix or feature enhancement site. But see Reporting bugs or suggestions.
If Excel better meets your needs, stay with that product.

If this answered your concern, please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Hi thanks for your comments.
I posted this here to see if there was a way to do this and because of my lack of knowledge on openoffice I was asking for advice and guidance in case I had missed how to do it.
Unfortunately I can't stay with Excel, as you can see from my post my operating system is Linux not Windows but I do need this funcationality since I exchange spreadsheet with others who are on Windows and excel.

thank you for the link I will post a feature request and put the link back here for others to find, thank you again I am slowing getting to grips using open the products and appreciate the guidance
Michael
Linux Redhat 6.5
michaelff

Post by michaelff »

Hi,
I have posted a feasture request at https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=125859

Thanks
Michael
Linux Redhat 6.5