[Issue] Tab and moving vs. autofill

Discuss the spreadsheet application
bit3m3

[Issue] Tab and moving vs. autofill

Post by bit3m3 »

Good day,

does anybody else has this problem?
In al list in a column when you tab it moves to the right until you hit enter and then it starts a row lower in the same column you started with tab. (so far so good)
Now you ahve a text in the colum that is aolmost simulair so autofill gives a hint. When i think that this is the correct item i want to tab the the cell on the rigth but now it gives me an other suggestion that has the same letter combination..... (not what i expect)

We use 2.4OO (dutch) on Windows 2003 & Xp (same behaviour)

Is there an option in OpenOffice to disable this behaviour?

Thnx

Jerry
keme
Volunteer

Re: Tab and moving vs. autofill

Post by keme »

Menu item Tools - Cell contents - AutoInput toggles this functionality on/off. Options exist for selecting the current item, but they are not satisfactory in most cases:
You could use the arrow keys to accept the entry, but then you lose the memory of the left border, which is useful for speedy data entry.
You could press ctrl+D to show the entire autoinput list, but then you need to scroll down or type after pressing ctrl+D to find your item.

What's more practical is to switch off autoinput, then press ctrl+D when you want the autoinput list. Typing will work as a speedsearch, and enter will select the item, exactly like ctrl+D works when autoinput is enabled.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Tab and moving vs. autofill

Post by Hagar Delest »

LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10