[Solved] How do I edit the name of a scenario?

Discuss the spreadsheet application

[Solved] How do I edit the name of a scenario?

Postby NCJECulver » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:59 am

I've checked the OOo Calc help and it mentions two ways to modify a scenario name. The first is through Tools - Scenarios, but that option is grayed-out unless I first select a block of cells. Then once I do, it appears only to offer to create a new scenario for me; no way I can see to modify the name of a pre-existing scenario.

The second way according to the help file is through the Properties context menu command in the Navigator, but I can't find that.

Any help?
Last edited by NCJECulver on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NCJECulver

Re: How do I edit the name of a scenario?

Postby Villeroy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:30 pm

The navigator (key F5) has a button to show the list of scenarios for edit and removal. You can also rename the scenario's hidden sheet (that's what a scenario basically is).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How do I edit the name of a scenario?

Postby NCJECulver » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:32 pm

Ah, I see now.

Opening the Navigator shows you Sheets, Range Names, Database Ranges, etc. Expanding Sheets shows all scenarios, but right-clicking on them here doesn't offer a Properties option. To get that you have to first click the Scenarios button in the toolbar. That's a bit confusing.

Thanks.

CJ
NCJECulver

Return to Calc