ODS Files Hang OO when opening

Discuss the spreadsheet application
wildrobo

ODS Files Hang OO when opening

Post by wildrobo »

Hello,
I have a unique problem. When I open ods files in OO 2.4 it hangs. I have copied several files between other machines and the file opens fine so it is not corrupt. I have tried to repair OO. I even uninstalled it and re-installed it. odt and xls files open fine. It is just the ods files. Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on. This just started happening a few days ago.

Thanks.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Re: ODS Files Hang OO when opening

Post by Hagar Delest »

Try to rename your OOo user profile (\Documents and settings\<user>\Application data\OpenOffice.org2).

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
wildrobo

Post by wildrobo »

I renamed the user folder to user2. Then when I tried to open the file, it prompted me for my info...name...etc...but still hung when opening in the file. I did notice in the root of the OpenOffice.org2 folder there there is a file... it is named ".lock" It contains
[Lockdata]
User=.....(my windows user name)
Host=....(Computer Name)
Stamp=....(string of letters and numbers)
Time=Mon Jun 23 11:44:22 2008
IPCServer=true

Could this have anything to do with this issue?
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

No, the lock file is created each time you open a file to avoid multiple edition of that file.

You should try to uinstall, clean the registry and install again. But I'm running out of ideas after that.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10