[Solved] Calc crashes when editing a cell

Discuss the spreadsheet application
leecallen

[Solved] Calc crashes when editing a cell

Post by leecallen »

I am frequently "crashing" Calc while editing cells. I can reproduce the problem as follows: press F2 to edit a cell that already contains text, move the cursor somewhere to the middle of the text, press Alt+Enter. I also experience crashes doing other things in the cell edit (I cannot say exactly what).

The symptoms: the app becomes unresponsive, it eventually goes dark, I must kill it.

I am running Oo 2.4 under Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron). I keep my system pretty up-to-date with patches.

Is this a bug -- in Oo or Ubuntu? If so, how do I go about posting it where it might get fixed?

Many thanks.
Last edited by leecallen on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x
Hagar Delest

Re: Calc crashes when editing a cell

Post by Hagar Delest »

Try to rename your OOo user profile (~/.openoffice.org2) but I don't think it will fix that. Personally, I don't trust the Ubuntu version and install the official one: [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
leecallen

Re: Calc crashes when editing a cell [Solved]

Post by leecallen »

Thanks Hagar, I do think that fixed it. At least, my very-reproducible Alt+Enter technique no longer crashes. Also thank you for the helpful link to the procedures to uninstall & properly install Oo.

This version also LOOKS nicer - the fonts, the screen color, something I can't put my finger on. I like it.
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x