[Solved] Calc spreadsheet is TOO LARGE for screen

Discuss the spreadsheet application
leslie

[Solved] Calc spreadsheet is TOO LARGE for screen

Post by leslie »

I re-installed OpenOffice yesterday (after doing a complete re-install of my operating system) and now the CALC SPREADSHEET extends beyond the bottom of the screen and I can't get to the form size control in the lower right corner. The Text form is fine - appears as it did before the re-install and is adjustable.

I saw a similar question here and someone suggested using the navigation toolbar. I tried but it doesn't seem to help. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?? Thanks!!
OOo 2.4.X on Mac OSx other
ccornell
Volunteer

Re: Calc spreadsheet is TOO LARGE for screen

Post by ccornell »

Have you tried resizing by simply dragging any of the Calc window borderS?
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3
leslie

Post by leslie »

The only way to resize that I'm aware of - at least on a Mac - is from the lower right corner. The problem is that the lower right corner isn't accessible because the form opens too large for the screen .... and the lower right corner is below the screen (and can't move form up beyond top of screen to reach bottom).
ccornell
Volunteer

Post by ccornell »

Right, that is one of the bigger complaints about the OSX UI.

Some suggestions I've seen (not specific to OpenOffice.org) are:
  • Use Window > Zoom to reset the window size (if the menu item is there)
  • Click the + button upper left (this should reset the window to fit the screen)
  • Change the desktop resolution (while Calc is open). In theory this should resize any open apps at the same time and give you access to the resize handle
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3
leslie

Post by leslie »

Going full screen worked - I was able to access the size adjuster in lower right (thought I tried that but apparently not). Thanks for your help and for sticking with me on this to find the solution!