Excel functions + Memory Lifter

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Channah

Excel functions + Memory Lifter

Post by Channah »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? None yet
What Operating System (version) are you using? MS XP
What is your question or comment? Does this program have Excel-type capabilities, and can I use a program called Memory Lifter with it?
OOo 1.X on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Re: Excel functions + Memory Lifter

Post by acknak »

OOo has a spreadsheet, "Calc", that is very similar, but not identical, to Excel.

Software created to work with Excel will generally not work with OOo Calc. I don't know what "Memory Lifter" does; perhaps if you can give us a little more information (a web site maybe?), there may already be an alternative that can work with OOo Calc.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Channah

Post by Channah »

I think this is the address for the program.

http://www.memorylifter.com/news-public ... er-21.html

It uses an Excel-type spreadsheet, but has the capability to have the first column with the correct answer, the second with the translation, a right/wrong column, and the enter-your-answer-here column. It automatically displays correct or incorrect.

Hope this helps.

I want to use it to learn Hebrew.

Thank uou for your time and input.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

The "Memory Lifter" is not related to Excel by any means. At least I could not find a single reference to Excel on their web-site.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice