Zoom in or expand a plotted data graph

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Mike Clark

Zoom in or expand a plotted data graph

Post by Mike Clark »

I am resubmitting this from 1 year ago, as this is still frustrating me.

Recently jumped from Windows to OS X Imac.
In Excel I could draw out a box over plotted data with the mouse and it would re-display just that portion with rescaled axes.
This could be done as much as was sensibly required.
This was needed because the X axis might cover 1,000 days and a closer look at at some part was needed.
I cannot find a similar function as this in Calc.
Am I missing something?
Cheers
Mike Clark
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Old topic locked so new posters will create their own topics
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on OS X 10.8.2
acknak

Re: Zoom in or expand a plotted data graph

Post by acknak »

Sorry, that feature isn't supported in OO Chart.

[Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
david7365

Re: Zoom in or expand a plotted data graph

Post by david7365 »

I came here because I wanted to zoom or change the scale of an entire chart. The title of this page is more general than the question in the OP. This adjustment is called "resizing" in OO, and can be hard to find in Help.

Move the mouse into the chart so that the popup (tooltip) shows "chart". Then right-click to get the chart properties menu. Choose "Position and Size..." to get a properties dialog box. Manually change the vertical or horizontal position of the graph, or the width of the graph (if Keep Ratio is checked, the height of the graph will change automatically).

Or, instead of changing manually, you can drag the chart or drag the green dots on the x or y axis with your mouse.