[issue] + [bug] Graphs

Discuss the spreadsheet application
triathman

[issue] + [bug] Graphs

Post by triathman »

Open Office 2.4 & Ubuntu 8.04

[issue]
-- I have problems with the axis name, There is a way to put superscript, special characters and subscript ? (It'll be nice if I can put even formula there)
-- graph have a too small definition (really few dot for square cm), there is a way to increase it?
-- when I select and axis, then scale then major and minor mark, there is not possibility to customize it
-- there is a way to make the macro as a toolbar ? If so, then the repeated action could became extremely fast to perform
-- It will be nice if increasing the area of the legend the dimension of the character or the space between the icon will increase (with possibility of choose)
-- It will be nice if increasing the area of the graph, the dimension of the character will be possible to be maintained constant

[bug]
-- significant frequency of CRASH of the program when I move withing the graphs, some of it's components (title, legend, axis name etc) (and after such error, the recovery process doesn't work, it stacks even himself)
-- when I copy and paste one graph with different data range (number of elements), the graph pasted add new data point (even with the creation of PDF files from ODF)
-- significant imprecision of location for the relocation of the element within the graphs (again, tile, legend, axis name...) (mainly in the y axis)
-- (minor) when I select and axis, then scale and I select the value 2 in the minor interval, nothing happens (to make it work I have to select a bigger number and the switch back to 2). After that not always the minor interval setting are saved (sometime, reopening the file, I find only a 2 minor interval instead of the setting that I chose)
-- (minor) in the screen to select the graph type, then smooth line, I can display only half of the screen where the selection of the smooth line type can be done (but this could be a my OS problem since I have 2 machine and in one I don't have such error, I'm reporting it just for completeness)

Thank you for you work and time
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x
acknak

Re: [issue] + [bug] Graphs

Post by acknak »

-- I have problems with the axis name, There is a way to put superscript, special characters and subscript ? (It'll be nice if I can put even formula there)
OOo Chart doesn't support any rich-formatting in graph titles or other labels.

You can always leave the elements empty on the graph and add your own text object that can have complex formatting, or use a formula object, but those are separate from the chart and have to be added, placed and edited manually.
-- when I select and axis, then scale then major and minor mark, there is not possibility to customize it
Did you set "Automatic" to OFF (unchecked) for each scale setting you want to change?
-- there is a way to make the macro as a toolbar ? If so, then the repeated action could became extremely fast to perform
Yes. A macro can be added as a toolbar button. Please ask about details as a separate thread.
-- graph have a too small definition (really few dot for square cm), there is a way to increase it?
[bug]
I can't reproduce any of these using OOo 2.4 on Fedora Linux, however I'm not sure I understand all of what you're describing.

This is not really the place to report bugs or request enhancements: we're not developers. We are simply users trying to help other users use the software. Have you read the Forum Survival Guide?

You can report bugs here: Open Office Quality Assurance - Report Bugs; here is some further help for that: Tutorial: How to report bugs.

Before you do that, however, you should also test the official OO.org software package. The Ubuntu OOo packages have some problems that are not in the official builds.

Also, it becomes very difficult to discuss more than one thing concurrently, so for the future, or for further discussion of these issues, please start separate threads with one question per thread.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23